Ding Dong
"Hello? May I help you?" She asks as she cracks the door and screen door.
"Hi. I'm Matt, your neighbor."
"Hi Matt. Have we met?" She wonders because, honestly, the people-meeting-thing is a blur.
"Uh, well, yes. I'm here to offer my handyman service. I'm usually very busy, but I have time right now and thought I'd ask the neighborhood."
She tells him she has a handyman son, well... she had a handyman husband, who by the way, remodeled the house for her, he was very handy, he even made cabinets, so she moved here when he died and now she is her own handyman except when she can't be.
FCOL! (For Cryin Out Loud). Why in the world did she tell him all that? What was she thinking? She doesn't know Matt. She can't recall... neighborhood Matt. She doesn't need, doesn't want, neighborhood Matt.
"He must have loved you to leave you this beautiful home. How long were you married?"
"We were married 40 years! And we did love each other! Oh we loved each other!"
OGG! (Oh good grief). Now she's telling neighborhood Matt about her marriage. It's spilling out. All over neighborhood Matt.
She quickly comes to her senses. The ones she has left.
"Well thank you for the offer. Leave your name, Matt, and your number, in case. Goodby and thanks again." As she closes a door practically on top of him.
She must miss her handyman. She does. She misses her handyman.
No comments:
Post a Comment