Monday, September 7, 2026

Art

 

I'm not an artist.  I've never thought of myself as someone who can create something worthy to behold.  I can follow a pattern and turn out something like any something, but that's not art.  Not really.  

But then a new desire took hold of me.  A new something.  What was it?  I wasn't sure.  I'm still not quite sure.  All I know is that I'm creating.  And it's thrilling.  It's beautiful.  True I still use pictures as guides, but maybe someday I won't use them.  Pictures.  Guides.

At the end of my hands is something worthy to behold.  (Whisper)  Am I on my way to artisthood?

I think about this as I'm busy making.  I am art at the hands of the creative God.  He formed me with such detail.  He planned, designed, sculpted a "piece," beautiful in His sight.  My shape, interests, IQ, personality, abilities -- all details added to a piece of art He displays among His collection.   Even my artwork is His artwork. 

And I think He keeps perfecting His pieces.  Which means He perfects mine. 

I'm excited about that.  Excited to be worthy to behold.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment