Run. Run run run. Run through forests, over creeks, up hills. Run around rocks and roots. Run along runners. Run a single track. Run. Run run run.
Then run to cross the finish line. It's just ahead. It's the hope, the goal, the win. It's the forward, the reward, the award. The finish is the party, the high-five, the well-done. The finish is the ultimate. She did it. He made it. The race is over. The rest can begin. The soak and gloat and dote awaits.
He finished. He received his "eternally gold" medal. I'm running -- "running hard for the finish line." Someday we will celebrate the prize together. Oh! What a day that will be!
I'm running, Babe. I'll cross the line soon. We'll fall in each other's arms with rushing joy.
"I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7
"Run to win. I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. " 1 Corinthians 9:26
No comments:
Post a Comment